Welcome to Nursery!
Croseo i Meithrin!
Mrs Thorne, Mrs Maklakiewicz-Evans
It has been wonderful to see the children beginning their learning journey at Llansannor with a really positive start!
What happens in Nursery?
When the children are not working with an adult, they have access to the continuous and enhanced provision. These areas are carefully planned for and are enriched with challenges to support the skills that the children are learning. We have a member of staff to nurture and support the children during their time in the continuous provision challenging and asking questions. We also have a wonderful outdoor area which is part of our continuous provision.
When will Forest school take place?
Weekly sessions every Friday morning.
We will be running these sessions come rain or shine and so it would be great for children to have their wellies and waterproof trousers/clothing in school each week so that they can always take part in these outdoor activities. We will send these home again at the end of the session.
- P.E. Sessions - every Monday. (Children come dressed in P.E. Kits please)
- Forest school - every Friday
- Snack - fresh fruit or vegetables to be brought to school daily please in a labelled container. Grapes must be cut in half.
Autumn Term 2021 - Overview
https://www.loom.com/share/9ef516412d5a4e5e98af3bd918d6feff - please click on the link for the 'Meet the teacher' presentation 2021.
Developing a love for reading...
In Nursery we aim to ignite children's love of reading through an inviting reading corner for the children to choose books that interest them, explore how to hold stories as a reader and retell familiar stories using stick puppets and props. The children will build their early reading skills through sharing stories, songs and rhymes together, as well as building their talking and listening skills. We will introduce a 'sound of the week' for a.m. Nursery and keep you informed of this sound at the end of the week with a small homework task uploaded to Seesaw for a.m. Nursery. We hope you will support us and go through the sound at home too.
Welsh Words, Phrases and Songs used in Nursery
Bore da - Good Morning
Prynhawn da - Good Afternoon
Pwy wyt ti? Who are you? ...........ydw i
Sut wyt ti? How are you? Dw i'n ...............
hapus - happy, trist - sad, wedi blino - tired, braf - fine.
Pa llw ? What Colour ? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rySWpRmZS7A colour of rainbow song)
Dyma'r Llaeth - Here is milk, Dyma'r Dwr - Here is water.
Diolch - Thank you , Diolch yn fawr - Thank you very much.
Sut Mae'r tywydd heddiw? What is the weather like today? Mae hi'n ....... It is .......
heulog - sunny, bwrw glaw - raining, wyntog - windy, oer - cold, poeth - hot, stormus - stormy, braf - fine, gymylog - windy
Following our end of session prayers we sing our Welsh goodbye song daily:-
Hwyl Fawr Ffrindiau
Here are some top tips for how you can help at home from Oxford Owl:
Some of our Aims in getting children ready for Reception (depending on Age/Child's Ability/Stage of Development)
- being happy to separate from carer to come into school
- putting own coats on
- turning sleeves the right way when they take coats off
- able to use toilet & wash & dry own hands
- able to sit on carpet/at a table for a short period of time
- sharing with friends
- confident to talk to other children
- good listening
- follow simple instructions
- tidy up
- able to ask any adult in setting for help
- speaking using phrases or sentences where possible
- number recognition
- knows about counting skills/strategies (lining up, touch counting, moving objects)
- knows how to hold a writing tool
- knows how to hold a scissors and cut
- able to recognise own name
- write first letter of their name or start to write their name
- use a knife & fork
- able to open packets in lunchboxes
- recognise Read Write Inc sounds taught (stage 1)
- rhyming (e.g. mat, sat, cat, pat / pig, jig, fig etc)